Intimate Family Vow Renewal in the Catskills Mountains
Foxfire Mountain House, Catskills, NY
What started out as a moody, spring styled shoot and much needed creative outlet for the design teams of Feather + Rock Events and Dark + Diamond Floral Design, quickly shifted after an idea changed the focus of the shoot to feature a family vow renewal with dark + wild, bohemian style and overflowing with meaningful details.
The idea to highlight a real-life family exchanging vows and promises to each other in an intimate ceremony at the romantic Foxfire Mountain House in the Catskills took the vision to the next level. There was no need to look very far to find our family inspiration, and with only a little coaxing, the talented team behind Dark + Diamond, Katie, Michael and their baby girl, Ziggy Moon agreed to step in front of the lens and star in the intimate, lunar-inspired family vow renewal.
No details were spared, from an owl feather in Michael’s boutonniere (a nod to Katie’s grandmother), to the subtle moon-phase accents found in jewelry & paper goods inspired by the moon child herself Ziggy, to invitation copy inspired by one of Katie's favorite bands Led Zeppelin, to the couple creating a one-of-a-kind “wild & free” fireplace floral installation for the focal point of their ceremony.
The exchange of love as K+M shared their vows + promises and read their love letter to their daughter was beyond moving. The love that was poured out in this intimate moment was palpable. To say there was not a dry eye in the house would be an understatement.
All contributors tagged below images.
- Concept, Planning + Design: Feather + Rock Events
- Floral Design + Lovely Models: Dark + Diamond Floral Design
- Photography: Love Me Do Photography
- Videography: Solidity Films
- Venue: Foxfire Mountain House
- Invitation Suite & Paper Goods: Lavender and Love Creative
- Dress: Lovely Bride - Philadelphia
- Dress Designer: Rue de Seine - Dakota Gown
- Table Top Rentals: Party Rental Ltd.
- Hand-Made Cake: Clara's Groovy Deliciousness
- Make-Up Artist: Blush Sparrow
- Jewelry: Holly Bobisuthi
- Ring: Emily Chelsea Jewelry
- Handkerchief: The Handkerchief Shop